With Necessity the Mother of Invention, Working From Home Appears to be the New Normal
Here are some dos and don’ts to keep in mind when buying office furniture for small spaces:
- Measure your space. This is the most important step in choosing the right furniture. Before you start shopping, take the time to measure your office space so you know exactly how much space you have to work with.
- Look for furniture that serves multiple functions. A desk that doubles as a storage unit or a chair that can be reclined are two examples of furniture that can save space in a small office.
- Prioritize vertical storage. Use vertical space to your advantage by investing in shelving units and bookcases. This will free up floor space and make your office feel more open and airy.
- Choose light-colored furniture. Light-colored furniture will help to make your office feel larger and brighter.
- Add mirrors. Mirrors can also help to create the illusion of a larger space.
- Don’t overfill the space. It’s tempting to cram as much furniture into a small space as possible, but this will only make the space feel cramped and cluttered. Instead, choose a few key pieces of furniture that you really need and that will serve your needs well.
- Don’t choose bulky furniture. Bulky furniture will take up a lot of space and make your office feel smaller. Instead, choose furniture that is as streamlined and lightweight as possible.
- Don’t compromise on comfort. Even if you’re working in a small space, it’s important to have comfortable furniture. A comfortable chair will help you stay productive and avoid back pain.
- Don’t forget about the accessories. Even small accessories can make a big difference in a small space. A few well-placed plants, rugs, and artwork can help to brighten up your office and make it feel more inviting.
By following these dos and don’ts, you can choose the right office furniture for your small space and create a functional and comfortable workspace.
More Tips For Buying Office Furniture For Small Spaces:
- Consider modular furniture. Modular furniture is made up of individual pieces that can be rearranged to create different configurations. This is a great option for small spaces, as it allows you to customize your furniture to fit your specific needs.
- Look for furniture with storage space. Built-in storage is a great way to maximize space in a small office. Look for desks, chairs, and other pieces of furniture that have storage compartments or drawers.
- Choose furniture in a neutral color. Neutral colors will help to make your office feel larger and brighter. If you want to add some color, do so with accessories, such as artwork, rugs, and plants.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match furniture styles. Mixing different styles of furniture can create a unique and stylish look. However, be sure to keep the overall look cohesive.
We’ve got the inspiration for you with these home office pieces.
With a little planning, you can choose the right office furniture for your small space and create a functional and comfortable workspace.